Egg-Free Brownies

Egg-Free Brownies with Powdered Sugar

These yummy egg-free brownies came from a desperate need for chocolate when my college roommate and I were super budget-conscious and our fridge was pretty empty. There are more steps than brownies from a box, but these from-scratch brownies are worth the work! If you're used to super-moist brownies, these will surprise you; they're are a little drier and a little more cake-like. Since making these, I find other brownies far too sweet.

Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!

Ingredients
Materials
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
9” Round Pan
1 cup water
Saucepan
1/2 cup butter
Mixing Bowl
2/3 cup unsweet cocoa powder

2 cups white sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350° & grease a 9-inch round pan
  2. Combine 1/3c flour and water in a saucepan, stir until thick on medium heat, transfer to mixing bowl
  3. Melt butter, then add cocoa, mix until smooth, let cool
  4. Beat sugar & vanilla into cool flour mixture, stir in cocoa mix until well-blended.
  5. Combine 2c flour, baking powder & salt. Stir into batter until just-blended.
  6. If adding nuts, chocolate chips, or marshmallows fold in gently.
  7. Bake 20-25 minutes
  8. When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar

egg free brownies title image for pinterest

26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Im gonna make this! Like now, as I have all the ingredients :D Perfect for vegans, as we can just sub the butter. Great post :)

    Rowan | Rollibeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is awesome!! Honest review - what did you think of them? Any suggestions for future bakes?

      Delete
  3. So yummy! I can't wait to make these with my college roomie this fall when we're craving some brownies (which happens a lot!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely be trying these out. yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Egg free brownies? Never heard about them before. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love brownies !! Have to try them egg free !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you say they're not as sweet the usual brownie. Brownies to me are always far too sweet, so these look like a great alternative! Thanks for sharing, Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try out the recipe and enjoy them, Leanne! I prefer these to "normal" brownies now for that very reason. And if you find they do need a little sprinkling of sweetness, they're great warmed up with vanilla ice cream!

      Delete
  8. Wow thanks look really easy to make and yummy! And often we do ru out of eggs so this is perfect!

    www.familyearthtrek.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to try this! Have you ever used apple sauce as an egg replacement? I love the "perfume"/taste it gives to baked goods. I usualy use it for this one-bowl chocolate fudge cake recipe that I found off the Minimalist Baker.. OK I'm going to stop there because I'm drooling haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made pancakes with applesauce were pancakes with oats, applesauce, bananas, & cinnamon! That chocolate fudge cake sounds delicious!

      Delete
  10. Yes! My niece is allergic to eggs so this is a perfect alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would be perfect! Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  11. I love a good brownie. My favorite dessert. Pinning this now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good chocolate brownie. I have been trying lately to stay away from dairy. And i this would be be preferect for that. I used applesauce in my cake but not in a brownie to replace egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristal, you're the second reader to bring up applesauce as an egg-alternative! I really need to get with the times on this! If you ever try it in brownies let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  13. Scratch made brownies are worth the work for sure! Pinning to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin! Come back and let me know how you like them!

      Delete
  14. Yum! I always enjoy trying new brownie recipes. Planning on making some zucchini brownies today (my zucchini plant is always out of control this time of year), but I will have to pin this article to try your recipe sometime. Also, I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE the blue china and yellow flowers in your main picture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound good! I will have to try them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram